Skip to main content

A different kind of interview

Recently reading a friend's Q&A meme, I realized it had been a while since I done one. Maybe that was a good thing? Well, instead of answering questions about my favorite color or food, I thought about answering questions that weren't written with me in mind. I thought it would be funny to take the questions from this interview and answer them. I don't mean to mock the person interviewed or the interviewer, I'm just reminded of a blogger friend who decided to read a book clearly written for teenage girls and he wrote a review of the book.

You dance, sing and act in High School Musical 3 - but which of the three do you prefer?

I tend to overact. At any time. Is that close enough? So I guess I'll say "act."

What music do you listen to at home?

I'm really excited about the Bruce Springsteen Tracks box set I recently picked up. Lots of great stuff I've never heard before, and it makes me want to check out more of Springsteen's seminal work. Other than that, I've been enjoying my regular diet of Dillinger Escape Plan, ABBA, Zao, and Red House Painters.

Do you like to party?

Yes. There are plenty of pictures to prove this on my Facebook and MySpace pages. But I'm not a fall-down-stupid-drunk party animal.

What’s the best thing about working in show business?

Probably all the free stuff you get. It makes you think you're rich and you have no problems.

Are there any downsides to being a successful actress?

Yes: they don't like it when you get old.

Are the paparazzi a pain?

Sure, but they're doing their job: being stalkers with cameras. Besides, people have got to know about your private life.

How tough is it in the spotlight?

Usually, it's very hot. When that light shines on you, you can sweat in no time.

Is it difficult to see false gossip written about you in the press?

No, because there's no gossip written about me in the press.

What advice would you give to people who want to follow in your footsteps and become famous?

If you're following me that close to my footsteps, I'd ask, "Hi, is there any reason why you're following so close to me?"

How would you describe yourself?

Charlie Brown when he's considering to kick the football or not.

How would your friends describe you?

Funny, insane, nice, reasonable, and intense.

You’re a dancer, a singer and an actress... Is there anything you’re not good at?

Car repair, reading philosophy books, understanding the apparent greatness of Heavenly Creatures, the list goes on and on.

Do you still enjoy meeting fans?

Absolutely: I like how fans cool me down when I'm hot.

Are fans the same around the world?

I think they spin counterclockwise in Australia.

Where would you most like to visit on your next trip abroad?

Australia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Catherine Wheel

Originally posted: Tuesday, August 29th, 2006 Despite managing to release five proper albums, Catherine Wheel was one of those bands that always seemed to slip past the mainstream rock crowd. Yes, they got some nice airplay in their day, but people seem to have forgotten about them. You may hear “Black Metallic” or “Waydown” on a “classic alternative” show on Sirius or XM or maybe even on terrestrial radio, but that’s about it. For me, they were one of most consistent rock bands of the ’90s, meandering through shoegazer, hard rock, space rock and pop rock, all while eluding mainstream pigeonholing. Led by the smooth, warm pipes of vocalist/guitarist Rob Dickinson (cousin of Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson), Catherine Wheel featured Brian Futter on lead guitar, Dave Hawes on bass and Neil Sims on drums. They weren’t a pretty-boy guitar band, but they weren’t a scuzzy bunch of ragamuffins either. Though the band hailed from England, Catherine Wheel found itself more welcome on American air

Best of 2021

  Last year, my attention span was not wide enough to listen to a lot of LPs from start to finish. Too much went on in 2020 to focus on 10-15 albums, so I went with only a couple to spotlight. Well, 2021 was a little better, as I have a list of top four records, and a lot of individual tracks.  (I made a lengthy Spotify playlist ) So, without further ado, here’s my list of favorites of the year: Albums Deafheaven, Infinite Granite (listen) Hands down, my favorite album of the year. I was not sure where Deafheaven would go after another record that brought My Bloody Valentine and death metal fans together, but they beautifully rebooted their sound on Infinite Granite. The divisive goblin vocals are vastly pared-down here, as are the blast beats. Sounding more inspired by Slowdive, the band has discovered a new sonic palette that I hope they explore more of in the future. It’s a welcome revelation. I still love their older material, but this has renewed my love of what these guys do.  J