Pages

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I'm Afraid of Everything

Songs in my head:
"I'm Afraid of Everything" by Braid
"Motown Junk" by Manic Street Preachers

Ashlee Simpson just doesn't get any respect.

My six-year-old cousin wants to know how she can "sing on the radio" (as in, be a famous singer). I have yet to sit down with her and tell her there is a difference between wanting to sing and wanting to be famous because of singing. Yes, I'm paraphrasing Bruce Campbell here, but it's a valid point. Taking shortcuts to stardom often leads to a lack of credibility (something you'll need in order to have a long-lasting career). I'm not sure if she could understand what I mean if I told tell her to listen to Blood on the Tracks, Pet Sounds, OK Computer or Grace.

Kev reports of iTunes selling silence. cNet has the whole story.

No comments: